Saturday, March 13, 2010

Looking Ahead

The wicker chair gave up the ghost (I bought it for $5 at the local thrift store 2 years ago), but the wheel-barrow remains.
The picnic table and strawberry arbor will take up residence in the back half of the driveway, giving me a gated garden. I'll still have one parking space. The wisteria should be pretty big this year.
The white planter will grow snow peas this year. The trumpet vine will work its way up the shed. The rhubarb down in front should be divided soon; this is its 4th year. The mint to the right spreads each year, but since I mow around the front of the bed, that's fine. The pretty metal lawn chair came from the curbside; I repainted it, and I love sitting in that spot in the spring afternoons when I get home from the farm. A glass of wine, a book, and a little afternoon sun in my face: heaven. And there's the container garden by the back door. Herbs, vegetables: I've got it all. And it's just around the corner. Welcome, spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment