Friday, January 1, 2010

The Year in Review Questionnaire

I snitched this questionnaire from The Farmers Daughter who snitched it from Laura. You'll have to follow the links (and you'll be glad you did...good stuff out there in blog-land).
  1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? I learned how to trim goat hooves, and how to do fancy braids with horsehair. I grew kohlrabi and liked it.
  2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't make any last year.
  3. Did anyone close to you give birth? A few faculty members gave birth; so did my daughter's best friend.
  4. Did anyone close to you die? Not this year.
  5. What countries did you visit? We stayed in the USA this year. But I'm game if anyone needs a travel partner!
  6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A more orderly household
  7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 29, the day the calf was born
  8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Hmmm, I'd have to say that getting involved in the non-profits that I work with now feel like the best things I have done.
  9. What was your biggest failure? I don't feel like I've really failed at anything. Maybe that one nasty pot of seafood chowder that went amok.
  10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I had a torn meniscus in my left knee from carrying that calf and developed carpal tunnel, but I've got a few thousand miles on these bones, and they're bound to need a tune up.
  11. What was the best thing you bought? When the truck had its coronary the week before school resumed, we bought a 1999 Mazda Miata. A very impractical car, but boy, is it fun!
  12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My daughter...she is patient, hardworking, and always keeps her kids first. I'm proud of the woman she has become.
  13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I have some issues with local politics. 'Nuff said.
  14. Where did most of your money go? Bills and supplies
  15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The Farm: http://www.flinthill-farm.org/, and our little goatie girl, Faith
  16. What song will always remind you of 2009? I'm not really tuned that way.
  17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? happier b) thinner or fatter? thinner c) richer or poorer? the same
  18. What do you wish you’d done more of? traveling
  19. What do you wish you’d done less of? procrastinating
  20. How did you spend Christmas? Christmas eve with our family, Christmas day together, and with our friends at the farm, and our friend El.
  21. Did you fall in love in 2009? I'll always be in love with my sweetie. But I fell in love with a little goat...
  22. What was your favorite TV program? I have to say House...and Gardening by the Yard on PBS
  23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate anyone. It's a useless emotion.
  24. What was the best book you read? Sleeping Naked is Green was good.
  25. What was your greatest musical discovery? We heard David Jacob Strain at Godfrey Daniels. He was really good. And our friends Angela and Kendra Lupinacci are doing some awesome things on You Tube.
  26. What did you want and get? I wanted a goat and got Faith, and her whole new herd to spend time with.
  27. What did you want and not get? A farm, hahaha...though I DID get to help out on one regularly, so I sort-of got one.
  28. What was your favorite film of this year? I enjoyed Julie and Julia.
  29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Let's see...not sure what we did (I think it involved dinner), but I turned 52.
  30. What’s the one thing that made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Working on the farm
  31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Sal's Boutique (Thrift-store...Salvation Army... not-so-chic)
  32. What kept you sane? The animals and the land.
  33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Not real big on celebrity fan-dom.
  34. What political issue stirred you the most? Health Care and Global Warming initiatives
  35. Who did you miss? John
  36. Who was the best new person you met? Kathy Fields
  37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. I didn't learn this, but it was often reinforced: We're all part of the same energy; the more you give back, the better you feel.
  38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "To everything, turn, turn, turn...there is a season, turn, turn, turn..."

No comments:

Post a Comment