Boeuf A La Bourguignonne (thank you Julia Child)
Are you making New Year's resolutions this year? I propose we do it here, for the world to see...which will require some good thinking. I'm going to try it tonight, during a little dinner party I'm throwing, when I'll update this blog with pictures and a list. You're welcome to join the cyber-party and add your resolutions to the list. I'll check in occasionally to see how you're doing. Put your thinking caps on! I'll start: MY Resolutions:
- I am going to sort/organize/ donate/discard the contents of the equivalent of at least one box of “stuff” a day until the upper levels of the house are in order.
- I’m going to begin the task of formalizing my masters degree so I can retire at a decent pay scale in a few years.
- I’m going to learn how to make better home-brewed wine and better home made cheese.
- I’m going to continue to watch my food and drink consumption so I can get my cholesterol and triglycerides in order (and lose weight doing it).
- I’m going to grow my garden with a better eye on freezing and preserving for the winter.
- He's going to stay in the financial "black".
- Clean the basement (this is NO SMALL TASK), and inventory items for Craig's list.
- Invest 1/2 hour 2 - 3 times a week archiving his father's artwork (Pierre Bourdelle).
- Work on the kitchen counters
- Fix the Flint Hill generator
- Sell the Chevy truck.
- Lose 20 pounds.
WooHoo! We're going to be fit as a fiddle!