Saturday, January 9, 2010

Healthy Adaptations

Dinner: Stuffed Fish Fillets and Cranberry Relish. Homemade Apple Wine.
From "The Larder".
Tastes Better Than It Looks.
Like: Really GOOD.
2 additional non-shopping recipes for today:
A. Sugar Free Cranberry Relish:
  • 1 12 oz bag of frozen cranberries
  • 1 cup of sugar substitute (pick a healthy one, not a nasty chemical)
  • 1 cup of water

a pinch of salt Cook down. YUM.

B. Mushroom Stuffed Fish Fillets: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Fish-Fillets-with-Stuffing/Detail.aspx I used lime instead of lemon juice, scallions instead of onions, olive oil instead of butter, and baked it instead of microwaving. I used mitake mushrooms, because that's what I had. Added the chicken broth and olive oil mid-way, as I forgot it in the beginning.

Earthy. Mushroomy. Wholesome. I'll make it again-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment