Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bountiful Planet

Tomato, Ricotta and Mozzarella Pie
Green Tomato Relish, Dill Pickles, Peach and Apricot Chutney
Corn for the Winter
I just read a line in Sleeping Naked is Green by Vanessa Farquharson that spoke to the abundance I feel when I harvest from my garden. Despite financial losses, abbreviated vacations, and necessary frugality, I feel so rich in a garden. She says it this way, on page 261 of her book: "...my challenge has taught me that everything I truly need in life is right here already...", and "All this is courtesy of Mother Nature, and it will continue to be here for years to come, providing I show her some love in return. This reassures me."
I am so blessed to have a garden and a goat, the skills I need to tend them, a loving husband, my Flint Hill family, my relatives, my profession. I'm lucky. I live with abundance. Even if my credit rating IS shot.
Life's good in the summer.
(To follow a weekly discussion of Sleeping Naked is Green, See Crunchy Chicken's blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment