Tuesday, January 25, 2011

AROS#15: Earl



Good blues,
And my fingers are strumming
On the steering wheel;
NPR has Chris Smithers at Godfrey’s,
 playing.

I remember
Drinking wine there
Rocking along; catching his eye,
In that small, warm space,
Drunk and horny;
A lifetime ago.

As I drive through the parkway tonight,
Posh houses alight
With HD TVs and game rooms,
Leftover Christmas lights,
Driveway LEDs,

I know you are listening to the
Trout breathe; damp, green breath.
Those last, hardy spiders in your hair;
Your beard keeps your chin warm.
Toes bundled in socks
That you put on in November.

Burrowed deep,
The mice keep you company
In your free, 25th winter,
streamside.

1 comment:

  1. "The mice keep you company".......
    I adore that! :)

    Worry not about anything beaded....the Capra blanket is ceremonial in nature and will be worn at the Yule event only while Darla is supervised. ;) (Although gots ARE very sneaky so I'll be sure to sew everything on tight!)

    I really am so excited about this project.....it gives me a warm feeling that so much energy is going to always be in that blanket to pass down, hopefully for years to come........

    Keep writing...I love reading...and I'm glad we met.....

    xo
    ~Mimi

    ReplyDelete