Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The End of the Year


The school year, that is. As usual, I'm looking forward to a few weeks off to do those things I couldn't do while I was working.  However, as I stood in my classroom yesterday wishing my seniors luck for the last time, I was struck by the bittersweet emotions I was feeling...yet again. 

Twenty three years of good-byes. It makes my heart ache sometimes. 


This made my heart ache too: a gift of Haiku from three of my favorite (OK, it's true) students:

This class went too fast
I can take what I learned home
I'm glad you taught me.
-R.T.

I'm gonna miss art
Cause this class was super fun.
You can draw good goats.
-P.T
P.S.- R's lame
(They're sisters)

Art class is funny.
Ms. Eckert makes it better.
Let's go recycle!
-D.B.



.....................sob....................I'm all verklempt.........

No comments:

Post a Comment