Saturday, May 29, 2010

Coup

Herd Mentality...Yee HA!


Yesterday, as I was milking the herd, those wily does staged a mutiny and stormed the gate.  I was locked knee to horn with them for a good two minutes before they combined their body mass and multiple legs to push me aside like last year's kid. I had to extract 5 (count 'em, 5!) naughty nannies from the milking stands before I could collapse in a puddle of sweat and heartbeats and catch my breath.

As I said once (or twice a hundred times) before, goats can be boisterous.  You have to love them though; they're so honest.

What I haven't told you is that I'm going to be out of the milking biz for a little while this summer because of a little tune-up to the knee in question.  They're going to have someone else to push around then. (I'll miss my girls terribly, naughty or not!)

No comments:

Post a Comment