Saturday, December 5, 2009

Things Could Be Worse...

The birds felt it coming. They were perched in the tree tops and on the street lamps, just waiting for the snow.

There was nearly a white out when we arrived at the farm. Flint Hill has a climate of its own. If it's raining in the valley, it's snowing on the hill. Snowing in the valley: blizzard on the hill. You get the drift (pun intended). It's really quite beautiful, though I do anticipate a difficult winter if I'm able to keep milking. Kathy has begun to dry out the herd to prepare for the new kids, so we're down to one milking a day; this is timely, as I was diagnosed with advanced carpal tunnel in my right hand two days ago, and may need a little down time to have it fixed. Upsetting news.

Things could be worse. I could be this poor guy.

These boys know how to spend a snowy day. That's my new farm vest they're sleeping on ($6.96 at the local thrift store for an L.L. Bean down vest. Score!) I didn't have the heart to make them move; I wore something else! Next time I'll make sure to hang it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment