Sunday, December 20, 2009

Lights in the Woods: December 20th

I have no pictures of the opening of Lights in the Woods, tonight. Couldn't find my camera. Let me just say this: draft horses pulling a long wagon in the moonlit snow are beautiful. The crescent moon was beautiful. I will be sure to take my camera next weekend.
--------------------
Peter and Earl joined me for the first couple of hours, then left when it became obvious that there were more than enough volunteers. I stayed for the duration, and my lesson was this: no one deserves to be outdoors in temperatures below 20 when the wind is blowing, for any sustained amount of time. It hurts.
---------------------
I suspect that Earl has just become a part of our family, in one way or another. I knew it when I saw the cat kissing him last night. Cats know. Goats know too...and he was a good helper in the barn tonight. Uncle Earl.

No comments:

Post a Comment