Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Stepping Out of the Box

I was going to tell you that I'll be blogging less often, but then I read this: http://thepioneerwoman.com/blog/2010/09/ten-important-things-ive-learned-about-blogging/

Read #2.  I won't be a cactus.  I just can't.

But I must warn you: things are about to change.  I went back to school.  That's right.  The teacher is a student again.  And I don't do things half-heartedly, so you're going to hear about it.  Most definitely. For instance, I realized tonight that apart from the professor, I'm the only teacher in the bunch.  And they all want to do what I'm doing.  I'm trying to step back and let them discover their own teacher's hearts.  I'm having trouble keeping my mouth shut; I hope I don't alienate anyone.  The professor is good; she makes the class interesting, and structures the class well.

So, wish me luck.  So far, I'm finding the subject stimulating; it's about the historical and ideological growth of the field of Art Education. Which is why I can't keep my mouth shut.  I feel like that kid in the front row with their hand up, going "ooh...ooh..." and just DYING to speak.  Not a bad feeling.

I'll keep you posted. Maybe I'll be doing some growing too.

In the mean time, I'm still milking my goatie girls, walking Faith, and pursuing my recently set goals.  And...believe it or not, Peter and I went camping this weekend.  That's right.  I'm stepping out of my box.  And (whispers) I actually enjoyed it.

View from my tent, Labor Day weekend
The times, they are a' changing.

I caught myself singing in my classroom this morning during my prep.  What the heck is going on here?  I'll let you know when I figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment