Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spring Dinner!

Although I spent the majority of the day writing (with a brief goaty interlude and a quick morel run), our dinner tonight was appropriate for today's earthy holiday!  May Day, aka Beltane, a traditional celebration of spring is my favorite time of year!

Breaded morels and dryad's saddles, roasted asparagus with Parmesan/Romano cheese, and home fried sweet potato chips with mineral salt.  Local onion-horseradish sauce for dipping.  And fresh goat milk. Yum!
Unfortunately, I'm all out of words today, and almost out of eyes as well, so I'll just leave you with this thought: we are blessed by our tenure on this planet; we have a sacred responsibility to know that, and to respond respectfully.  We are stewards.  We need to remember that.

1 comment:

  1. What a great message. I do wish more people considered themselves stewards of the land.

    ReplyDelete